Piano Movers Near Me
Moving a piano from one place to another requires a kind of special expertise and as such, it should be handled by trained personnel who understand the technical-know-how of getting the job done. Pianos are bulky and heavy and are to be handled specially by movers who are trained to do so. Pianos are a delicate and expensive instrument that needs to be handled with care so that they are not damaged in the process of transiting from one location to the other.
All You Need to Know About Piano Movers
There is a couple of reputable piano movers out there that you can count on whenever you need to move your piano across town or cross country. Piano movers are experts who specialize in safely moving heavy, large, and expensive organs and pianos with special equipment such as harnesses, and dollies among others. The movers are specially trained to properly secure, setup, and transport your piano with precision and care. They are expected to be able to move a piano from your home, business, apartment and safely maneuver stairs where necessary.
Pianos are a priceless antique that is passed on through the family to generations to come, they are usually very expensive especially if you own a walnut Steinway grand that is worth almost six figures. Regardless of the type of piano you own, it is an item that is to be cherished and you will want to protect and preserve it with all care.
Trusted Piano Movers
To find a trusted, dependable, and experienced professional piano mover near your home is the first thing you will need to do when you decide to move your piano. You will need a competent mover that is regulated, insured, and licensed to help you transport your piano and also at affordable rates. The rates vary from one mover to the other depending on your distance and the difficulty that may be involved in getting the job done. To find licensed piano movers near you, you will have to search the internet and also talk to friends and relatives who may have moved their pianos in the past.
Moving A Piano
Moving a piano can be a tedious task and for this reason, it has to be well-managed by ensuring only professional piano movers that is licensed and insured are saddled with the responsibility of moving your piano. Any form of damage or mishap can be big havoc to your highly prized piano. Hence, it is important that only recommended and proper tools and the right person should be allowed to handle the relocation of your piano in order to make sure that the piano is intact and nobody gets injured in the process. Professional piano movers have the right handling techniques to easily disassemble, transport, and set up your piano using the appropriate equipment like blankets, straps, and dollies.
Professional Piano Moving Services
To find a professional piano moving company is not difficult, all you need to do is to do your research on the internet and talk to people like families and friends who may have moved pianos in the past for recommendation. It is important to find a piano mover that offers full piano moving services such as piano disassembling, piano storage, and piano reassembling among others.
Whether you need to move your piano locally, interstate or cross country, you can always get professional piano movers to help you get the job done. Some of the services offered by piano moving companies are highlighted in the section that follows.
Piano Moving Services
Piano movers offer a variety of services for their clients, a few of these services are as follows;
- Piano Disassembly: Most upright pianos do not need to be disassembled. However, if you are moving a concert grand or baby piano, you must, first of all, pull the parts separately be disassembling it. A professional piano mover is expected to help you in doing this using the proper technique and instrument for disassembling the piano. They will carefully remove the parts and wrap the piano lid, lyre, legs, music rack separately to ensure that the parts are not snapped off in transition.
- Piano Storage: In case your home is undergoing renovations, or you don’t have enough space to accommodate your prized piano, then you will need a piano moving company that also offers storage facilities for your piano, this is why it is important to engage a piano moving company that offers a wide range of services. Most reputable storage and moving companies offer climate-controlled storage spaces that is safe and ideal for storing your piano while they are not in use.
- Piano Reassembly: Once your piano is safely delivered to your preferred destination, your movers are expected to reassemble appropriately and install it where you want it to be located. Once the set-up is completed, it can be tuned and it is ready to be played again.
Piano Moving Equipment
The majority of the pianos available today sit on tiny wheel casters and it is not appropriate to roll your piano on them because of the weight. If you try to roll the piano on the casters, the wheels could dig into the hardwood floor and this may destroy your carpet. Piano movers are equipped with the right instruments to move your piano. For example, the piano dolly is meant for safely transporting your piano without leaving any streak behind. Also, they have the blankets and padding to ensure they pack your piano securely and appropriately before embarking on the journey to your preferred location.
Local Piano Movers
To move your piano across town, you will need a local piano mover near you to get the job done. You can search around for available piano movers in your locality, invite them over and request for quotes. Get quotes from more than one mover, compare and make your final decision on which one is most appropriate for you according to your budget and moving needs.
Long Distance Piano Movers
If you are relocating interstate, or across the country and you need to have your piano relocated as well, you will need the services of a professional long-distance piano mover to help you with the logistics and planning.
Best Piano Moving Tips From Piano Movers 2020
Moving a piano can be a herculean task especially if it is done wrongly, it can result in damage to your piano and eventually, this can affect the tune of your piano. There are a few tips that can help you safeguard your piano when you do decide to move. A few of these tips are as follows and may be helpful for you if you decide to move your piano by yourself;
- Request for Help: Pianos are heavy, upright pianos have all their weights in the top half, and their feet and legs can be fragile as a result of this you will need a few additional hands to help you out. Do not hesitate to call for help when the need arises. You can call on friends and families to lend a helping hand.
- Use the Right Equipment: If you decide to move your piano by yourself, make sure you rent or purchase heavy-duty straps that are meant for the job in order to have a better grip of the piano. You will also need to get a furniture dolly that can support the weight of the piano and a strap to securely hold the piano to the dolly in the moving truck. Other items you will need to get include a moving blanket or padding to protect the piano when the truck runs into a bump in the process of transiting to your location.
- Protect the Keyboard: Make the first thing you do is to lock and close the keyboard lid so that it does not open during the move. If it is not locked properly and it gets to open during it may destroy the keys as the keys are fragile. Avoid using tape to keep the lid closed, this can damage the surface of the wood.
- Wrap the Piano: Use padding or blanket to wrap the piano and ensure that the corners are well protected, secure the blanket with packing tape and avoid the tape making contact with the surface of the piano. The padding and blanket should be thick enough to safeguard the piano in case of the truck enter into bumps.
- Lift the Piano Carefully: When you are lifting or moving the piano into position either on to the truck or furniture dolly, avoid lifting it with its legs. The legs are fragile and it can easily break if not properly handled. Keep the piano in its upright position, laying it on its side might affect the inner mechanism of the piano.
- Position two people on both ends of the piano and ensure the moving straps are under the bottom of the piano, with a strap on each end.
- For pianos that use casters, do well to make sure you lock the casters in place or make sure the piano is well secured.
- Secure The Piano in the Truck: The piano should be perfectly secured at the back of the moving truck next to the wall that separates the truck’s interior cab from the cargo space.
- Use Planks to Level: You can use planks to make sure the flooring inside the truck is level as most truck spaces are not always level. Doing this will help to alleviate the pressure on the piano legs and casters s that the piano can be in a stable position inside the truck. Lay the planks along the back wall.
- Piano Location: Before you move in, you need to have decided on the position where you intend to locate the piano. Usually, it is good to have the piano located in a place against the wall, most preferably an inside wall where it can be well protected against damp and cold.
- Tune your Keyboard: Finally, after you have securely installed your piano, the next thing to do is to tune your piano. The inner workings of the piano are sensitive to any slight bump and movement. You will need to invite a professional tuner to help you with tuning the piano so that it can sound perfectly again.
Why Should I Hire Professional Piano Movers Near you?
Having a professional piano mover help you with relocating your piano is safer and takes the risk of any kind of damage off you. Pianos are heavy and usually come in a variety of shapes and because of this, they can be very difficult to move especially if it involves moving the piano over stairs. If you decide to do it yourself, you may be putting yourself at risk of sustaining injuries or the risk of damaging your piano. Some pianos weigh as much as 1,000 pounds, and it can be very difficult to lift such pianos, if you decide to do it yourself you may end up having back pains. A professional piano moving company understands all the intricacies that may be involved in moving a piano and they have capable hands who are used to doing the job. Hence. It is recommended that you engage a professional piano mover to help you with moving your piano.
Hiring a professional piano mover means they have the right truck and equipment to get the job done the way it should be done. You might not be able to get the right truck that will be suitable for transporting the piano if you decide to do it yourself. Aside, having the proper truck to house your piano, they will also provide padding for your piano s that it is well protected from being damaged.
Trying to do it yourself, may look like you are saving money but in case of any damage to your piano, you will end up spending more to fix the piano. Engaging a professional piano moving company, in the end, will eventually save you a whole lot of stress and money.
Whatever is worth doing at all is what doing well, to be safe in all ramifications, it is good to employ the services of a professional mover to get the job of relocating your piano done for you.