Moving services require planning in both pricing and logistics. Pricing Van Lines provides personal and expert experienced moving representatives that can assist in helping you with all sorts of moving service needs and the obstacles that may come with it. We have made a Moving Advice Checklist to assist you in your moving needs. Please review the list below and feel free to call or email us with any questions, we will be happy to assist you.
- Don’t forget to contact the post office with your new address in order to forward your postal service. This will make sure that none of your mail will get lost.
- The moving industry is seasonal just like many other businesses where the summer is usually considered as a busy time and usually requires advanced scheduling. Knowing this can assist in planning ahead of time.
- If packing yourself, using old newspapers to wrap up fragile or delicate items is a good way to make sure your personal items stay safe.
- While packing, mark each box with which room it will go to, can be very helpful later when you need to unpack and will require less moving of things around after.
- Soft items, even ones that do not look fragile, should be placed in boxes and not bags. Bags could easily tear and will provide little if any protection to the items they hold.
- Do your research in advance by measuring your doorways and entrances for big items. You want to make sure moving large items such as furniture will not be difficult and if so then planning ahead will save some problems down the line.
- This is a good time to throw unused junk items away. Make the move easy and do not take what you do not need. This could be a great time for charity and the opportunity to help others. It also can be a tax-deductible donation.
- Prioritize and place things aside you know you will need first, this will make it much easier to get moving without having to look around too much when you are unpacking.